Kevin Hart is stepping down from hosting the Oscars after homophobic tweets surfaced on Thursday.
The tweets, between 2009 and 2011, included derogatory language referring to gay people and made disparaging comments about sexuality. Some of the tweets have since been deleted.
One of the tweets from 2011, that has since been deleted, said “Yo if my son comes home & try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay’.”
“I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year’s Oscar’s,” Hart, who is currently performing in Sydney, Australia, said via Twitter. “This is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists. I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past. I’m sorry that I hurt people… I am evolving and want to continue to do so. My goal is to bring people together not tear us apart. Much love & appreciation to the Academy. I hope we can meet again.”
Hart announced on his official Instagram page that he would host the Academy Awards for the first time in the coming year.
In case you forgot, last year Prince William’s eldest son asked for just one gift — a police car — in his handwritten note to Father Christmas. We speculated that he wanted a toy police car but, hey, when you’re royalty, dream big and ask for the real thing.
Well … police cars? So 2017.
Anyway, while knowing the young royal’s affinity for modes of transportation, this year we’re 100 percent convinced he must want a helicopter.
On Dec. 5, upon learning that his pops was going to visit a military base in Cyprus, they had this sweet interaction: “I told George this morning we were going to see the pilots today,” Prince William explained to a group of British soldiers (per Harper’s Bazaar). “And he said, ‘If you see a helicopter can you take a picture?’”
It’s also clear that helicopters have replaced his love for police cars — remember the joy that sparked a dozen memes when he got to see some up close and personal?!
David Beckham showed off his new hairdo on Monday as he enjoyed a double date with wife Victoria, son Brooklyn and Brooklyn’s rumored model girlfriend, Hana Cross.
Yet it was his thicker locks and a buzzcut that shone, months after The Sun’s Bizarre column reported that had a “secret hair transplant.”
David allegedly planned to fork out for a new hairline months ago and seems to have become one of a growing number of middle-aged men to undergo a hair transplant.
At the time, David’s spokesman told The Sun it “was a matter of privacy whether it’s false or true.”
His hair transplant comes after tearful fans said a sad farewell to David’s famously lush locks after the star was snapped on a break in Miami looking worryingly thin on top.
Source: Source link